- How did you discover your life purpose?
- What helps you clarify and connect to your life purpose?
- How does connecting to your life purpose manifest in your life?
- What keeps you from knowing/realizing your life purpose?
- If you knew your life purpose and came from that place every day, what would your life be like?
- What are you doing now in your life that doesn’t support you in realizing your life purpose?
Archive for April, 2011
We will be meeting on Monday 5/9/11 at 7:30-9:30pm
Our topic will be Life Purpose.
In our last meeting where we discussed the future of Kindred Brothers and whether or not we would continue to meet, the topic of Life Purpose came up. If you have read anything by David Deida (The Way of the Superior Man for example) you may be familiar with the idea (as David suggests) that Life Purpose is more important than anything else for a man.
Here’s a quote from that book:
Every man knows that his highest purpose in life cannot be reduced to any particular relationship. If a man prioritizes his relationship over his highest purpose, he weakens himself, dis-serves the universe, and cheats his woman of an authentic man who can offer her full, undivided presence.
Our modern, western lives, place very little emphasis or focus put on helping boys or men develop a clear sense what it means to be a man. Beyond a great coach or a mentor there are very few rituals or traditions that build a sense of clarity and purpose from within us.
All of us, whether conscious of it or not, have struggled or a are struggling with the identification and/or realization of our Life Purpose. For some of us discovering and realizing our life purpose might take a lifetime. For others it may come naturally or more easily. Finding our life purpose and our deepest life intentions can help us to move with greater focus and clarity every day of our lives.
What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the question, what is your life purpose?
I look forward to meeting with you!