- What is your relationship to balance? Where do you have it? Where is it missing?
- Who helps you maintain balance, who pulls you out of it?
- Where are you struggling to find the right balance?
- If you have achieved some measure of balance, what have you learned through this? What helped you get there?
- Where do you feel balance isn’t the right answer, where you find the extreme more useful/productive/enjoyable?
Archive for October, 2010
We will be meeting on Monday, October 18th, from 7:30pm-9:30pm.
Our theme will be balance.
What does it mean to bring our lives into balance? When we get out of balance how do we recognize it, and do something about it? Modern life is full of strong forces that can pull us off our path, or away from our goals. Externally we are forced to juggle multiple roles; worker, partner, son, provider, perhaps father, boss or husband. Internally we struggle to mediate urges, needs, desires, fears, responsibility, freedom, sadness, guilt, joy, solitude and darkness. As participants in society we are bombarded with advertising, pacified by entertainment, bound by law, pressured by peers, and depended on by friends. With all of these pressing in and pulling on us it can difficult just figure out what balance is, let alone achieve it.
It is easy to get spun out of balance, even by the things we enjoy. We can find ourselves staying late at work finishing a project that has captured our imagination, or partying more than we should, or playing video games, or going to bed in the wee hours of the morning after surfing the internet.
I look forward to meeting with you